Have you ever thought you would be single for the rest of your life, and why? This is my story. I am middle-aged and I don’t have children. The reasons for me not having children are rather personal to me as I don’t want to have a child out of wedlock. I don’t judge others because I don’t want others to judge me. What other people do, they do. What I do, I do.
I have joined a lot of sites regarding dating. These sites range from free sites to paying sites with a guarantee of finding your match or mate. Like most people, I have criteria. Some settle for things they choose to accept or think they have to in order to fall in love. Others really settle for things they know they don’t want, yet they don’t want to be alone either. Some things that I refuse to settle for are:
- People who brag or boast about themselves ALL the time. This leads me to believe they are selfish.
- Women who use a LOT of profanity. Don’t get me wrong, we all do it. Even I use profanity at times when I am highly upset and angry. We are human, but in everyday conversations and all that comes out of a woman’s mouth is profane language, that is an instant turn-off.
- An obese woman. Our bodies change over time and we tend to gain a bit of extra weight. I understand that. However, I refuse to date any woman that weights more than I do or who is considered obese.
- A woman with a lot of children. I have had issues with a lot of men who are the babies’ daddy. Some women have kids by three or more men. Some women tend to have children at a very young age because they believed the lifestyle of what a man had promised them.
- A woman without access to a vehicle. I just got out of a relationship similar to this. I live in one area and she lives in a completely different area. The only way we got to see each other is if I drove to her location, which is almost two hours away. I don’t mind taking the train, but that limits a lot of things to walking. That is good on comfortable days, but not when it is raining or snowing.
- Ghetto fabulous women. Ghetto fabulous is a mindset where you are not working and looking for a handout in many ways. These are the type of women who do not pronounce or talk properly when the mood calls for it. A perfect example would be “ain’t no way,” “you is,” or “is you.” That is poor grammar and how would it look taking a ghetto fabulous woman on a company-hosted function with her saying those words? Sure, I use slang, but I understand when to use it and when not to use it.
I write a lot of women regarding their profiles, getting to know them, and looking for genuine conversations. Unfortunately, I don’t get any response from them. I do get messages from women who are not even close to my type. They are those listed above. I am far from a racist person. After all, I am of mixed race. There are a lot of women of European descent who are very obese that want to talk to me and beg me to meet them. There are a lot of women of African descent with a village of kids that wants to meet me and beg me to talk to them. There are a lot of women of all races who want me to talk to them or meet them because they have a bi-racial child. There are a lot of women who believe I should be honored to be seen with them when others don’t even want them. It gives me the impression that I am their LAST chance or resort. I don’t believe in sex before marriage, but I am human so it may or may not happen. I don’t believe in living together or shacking unless you are in the mist of getting married to each other. Lots of people judge me on these things.
I believe these are the reasons why I am still single. Do I have to bend for what I believe in just to get a girlfriend? Do I really have to settle for things that I know I am not attracted to in order to get a girlfriend? Everyone that I am attracted to are not attracted to me and vice versa; but I feel I should not have to settle for someone who I know I will have issues with later on in life just for the sake of being with someone.
With all of this said, I would love to hear from you and your comments on this post.
~CF Boston Brian~